- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ACCESS AREAS THAT ARE CLOSED TO PUBLIC USE. Universal Range & Gun Shop is being allowed to share this world class facility with Universal Shooting Academy, home of the 2014 World Shoot! All of the instructors here are World and/or National Champion Shooters. These areas are closed to protect the classroom atmosphere and to provide areas for PRIVATE INSTRUCTION.If you attempt to access these areas you will have to leave the range for the day.
- You Must Check In At The Gun Shop Before Entering The Range.
- All firearms must be enclosed in a range bag, case or cover from the parking lot
to your assigned bay.
- Your safety and the safety of those around you is your responsibility when on
- Always follow range staff instructions.
- No alcoholic beverages or non-prescribed drugs allowed on property.
- No open toed shoes OR sleeveless shirts allowed.
- Notify Range Staff of any unsafe firearm handling or behavior.
- If you have any questions or are unclear about any safety procedures please speak with
range staff prior to handling any firearm.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times near any shooting area.
- Concealed Carry Permit holders may carry their concealed weapons while on property. If
you choose to shoot your concealed carry firearm you must wait until you are at the firing line to draw it and must either place the weapon in a range bag to leave or re-conceal the firearm while at the firing line.
- Always keep firearms pointed in a safe direction and your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Always keep firearms unloaded until you are at the firing line and the range is declared “HOT.” Firearms must be safe (unloaded – magazines removed and actions opened) when entering or exiting the range bay.
- Cease Firing: Immediately stop shooting when anyone calls “Cease firing.”
- COLD Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure firearms are unloaded, actions
open and firearms laid down on the shooting table before going down range. No one is permitted to handle firearms or stand at the firing line while there is a cold range.
- HOT Range: Shooters must check with others to ensure there is no one down range, when the range is declared “HOT” shooters are permitted to commence firing. Only shooters are permitted on the firing line. Shooters may move safe guns to and from the firing line only when the range is “HOT.”
- All shooters are responsible for their rounds staying within the confines their bay.
Shooters may shoot only from the firing line. Shooting at items placed on the ground or at targets not posted at the appropriate height on the target frame enables rounds to escape the range.
- No Rapid Firing or “Bump Firing” of any firearm is permitted.
- Respect the Range: Please place your trash into the trash receptacles.
- Tracer, armor piercing and incendiary ammunition is prohibited.
- Rifles may only shoot paper targets in range bays; Never Steel Targets!
- Respect Yourself: Wear eye and ear protection. Food , beverages and smoking are not
allowed on the firing line.
- Pistols may NOT be worn holstered on the firing line. Drawing a firearm from a holster is not permitted.
- There is a one hour time limit for use of the range if members are waiting.